Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday breakfast: Apple Cinnamon muffins


For my Sunday breakfast I decided to bake these apple-cinnamon muffins. I think apple and cinnamon is a match made in heaven, I am sorry only I discovered it a bit late, in my twenties, when I went to the US. This is a recipe I copied from who-knows-where when I was in the US (it's written in english, with english measurements), and modified as the time passed.
For measurements, since I don't have the cups, I use yoghurt container: it is 125ml, which means 1/2 cup.

First, I peeled and diced two apples and soaked in grappa. You can use brandy, or lemon juice if you want to avoid alcohol.
Then, I soaked abou 1/2 cup raisins in grappa - here you can use lukewarm water.
Then, I started with the dough. You will need:

1/4 cup butter
1/2 sugar
2 medium eggs (or one large)
some liquid - milk, white yoghurt, or I used the grappa in which I had soaked my raisins an apples
2 cups of flour
a pinch of salt
cinnamon as much as you like (I like it a lot!)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda

First, I beated well the eggs, sugar and softened butter:


Then added the apples, raisins and their liquid to soften the dough. At this point you can use milk or yogurt instead. And, of course, cinnamon!
Finally the flour, baking powder and baking soda (I actually used my little bag of pre-mixed baking powders)


Put it in the muffin pan, and cook 20 to 25 minutes in a pre-warmed oven.

Here they are!

And they really were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment