Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday breakfast - French Breakfast Puffs

I like to bake during my weekends, especially because this way I have some very good stuff for breakfast during the following week.
I found this recipe here, on a recently discovered blog.
They looked delicious, so I decided to make them.

I made some changes from the original recipe. I didn't use nutmeg, because I don't really like it. I put lemon rind instead. And I didn't use milk, because I don't drink it. I replaced it with some liquor - don't worry, all the alcohol evaporates at the oven temperature, so the puffs were not "alcoholic"!
Here are the "wet" and "dry" ingredients before mixing:


 And the resulting dough (I expected it a bit runnier, but it was ok)


 These are the puffs as they came out of the oven:


Beautiful, right?
Then I prepared the butter and the cinnamon-sugar mixture for the topping:


I dip the puffs in the melted butter, then in the sugar. 
Look!!!


Yummy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect weekend goodies. Love that you have a cooking blog, too. Brava!

    ReplyDelete